So I've been playing FFXI for over two years now - yeah it's become a way of life. It's effected me, my work, my friends, and my relationships. What can I say, the disclaimer exist for a reason . . . to tell you exactly what you'll miss out on.
Well the purpose of this blog isn't to bitch about what's wrong in life. It's to celebrate Jayheart, my character on FFXI. Yes I've spent a lot of time on him (well her if you assume a Mithra), and my life has been effected, but I'd like to at least spend some time detailing how I actually do enjoy my hobby.
You'll find I blab about lots of things, some relevant, many irrelevant. Basically, the game stirrs my imagination, I enjoy it, it consumes my time and distracts my "overproductive" (aka self distructive) mind. On any given day, you'll find me daydreaming about FFXI, which can be good and bad. So here goes . . .
Today I'm in Bhalful Thickets with a group of Beastmasters I've come to know a little bit. I've been in their linkshell for probably 4 months now as I'm llving my BST but never really talked to them much. We're all 71-72 and proud of it. The camp is highly coveted but can only support one BST. Today, there are three of us. Fortunatly, BST support eachother, so instead of bickering over the camp as has happened before (Tetsou?), we banded together and are now fighting Marids. So instead, we're making a good 4k an hour experience points.
Thanks Aelya, Kerby, and Hitboy. Hit got to skill up his Gaxe in prep for Maat. Aelya and Kerby just rock. I never though we could kill Marids, but we can! Nice to know. We even took out a Grand Marid, but no hair drop.
I think DBZ (My Linkshell) was supposed to have an event tonight to do some Promvyion Runs, but I haven't yet seen the people assemble for the missions. I've just been leveling Beastmaster out of boredom. Well that and apparently, now I need 200 more Imperial Standing Points (ISP). I was stupid and lost an entire stack of bronze coins by trading them out of order. Now I'm out money and ISP and no turban to show for it. I planned and planned, but still screwed it up. Oh well, I'll just have to wait a little longer.
So the Astral Cancadence is gone from Al'Zabai and nobody wants to retrieve it, and nobody wants to exp in ToA zones. I think that's completely assanine. People who play this game are idiots some times. All selfish. I had people quit a party yesterday because they though we would only make 2k exp an hour with the setup. They were still looking for a party while we were getting exp. Dumb asses.
So this party just got a little better. We picked up a 4th BST and things are flying now. Beidou, welcome my Beastmaster Friend. I bet you have no idea I'm writing this right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment