Monday, December 24, 2007

Family reminds you of you

It's just a peice of furnature in Dad's new condo but it was the same furnature I sat at whe I was young, discovering the world. My matchbox cars, my crayons, my transformers all danced across these functional fixtures. My wife thinks I'm stupid and need to grow up. But a part of me will always be reminded of where I hid when playing hide and seek, or where the family cat that we put to sleep would always curl up. And I walk into the room and they all smile at me. Even though they're interlaced with new trinkets like someone shuffled my life like a deck of cards. And I see the things that were Mom's that she wanted so badly and she used to define who she is and I wonder why he has them? But I guess I need to grow up...l

No comments: